An ATM cum debit card is a very useful thing we need in our daily life. Cause carrying huge amount of money in the wallet can be risky. But still there can be several reasons why you want to block your debit card. Major reason to block sbi atm card is being lost or stolen, then you will need to block your sbi debit/credit card as soon as possible so that it don’t get misused even if it goes to wrong hands. Now you will need not to worry or get panic about it, because blocking is very easy if you know sbi atm card block process. Here in this article I will provide you all the possible ways you will need to know how to block an ATM cum debit card.
Different Ways to Block SBI ATM Card
Sbi debit card can be blocked in 4 different ways, which are easy to perform.
Through SBI Net Banking:
This is very easy to perform for those who have internet connection and internet banking facility. Block you debit card online by following these simple steps.
- Login to online sbi portal that is onlinesbi.com.
- Find eServicestab and click it.
- On the left side of the screen selectATM Card Servicesfrom multiple options.
- Over there you will have many options clickblock ATM card and then choose accordingly. You will have to specify the reason for such request either lost or stolen, choose and proceed.
- In the next screenfill up account number, card number, account type etc.
- Choose authentication method by using OTP or Profile Password.
- Once ATM card is blocked note down the reference ticket number.
If you are not having sbi online banking then follow these Steps to register for SBI Net Banking
Its one message far to block atm card, below are the steps to block sbi card with SMS
- Look for the numbers printed on your sbi debit card.
- Type message Block <space> last four digits of your ATM/Debit card.
- Suppose the last four digits are 0321, then type BLOCK <SPACE> 0321 and send it to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- Your Atm cum debit card will be blocked.
- You will immediately get the message about the blocked card on your registered mobile number.
- Keep the reference number safe with you.
Through SBI Debit Card Customer Care
Just call to sbi debit card customer care toll free number and the representative will take care of the rest. Below are the steps to block sbi card with customer care number.
- Contact any of the toll free number 1800425300 or 08026599990 or 1800112211 you’re your registered mobile number.
- Verify yourself as genuine card holder by answering questions asked by contact centres.
- After successful verification your ATM cum debit card will be blocked.
- Note the reference number of your request.
Through State Ban Anywhere Application:
- Install the official State Bank of lndia app named as SBI Anywhere Personal from google play store.
- Log in using your net banking id and password or SBI Freedom User account.
- Logged in? click on debit card services from the menu.
- Next option that you select will be Debit Card Hostlisting.
- Select all the necessary options like account number, card number. Now state the reason why you want to block your card and submit.
- The card will be blocked within some minutes, wait for the confirmation message.
If haven’t downloaded or registered for State Bank Anywhere then Download State Bank Anywhere App here